Amaryl 1 mg 30 Tablets
A sulfonamide hypoglycemic agent that acts on the beta cells of the pancreatic cells thus increasing the secretion of the insulin by the pancreas. Additionally, reduces glucose secretion from the liver.
• Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Points of interest:
• Take this medication with food to minimize the risk of hypoglycemia .
• Be aware of the signs of hypoglycemia (sweating, confusion, rapid heartbeat, blurred vision, shakiness, anxiety, headache, dizziness, weakness) .
• If you experience hypoglycemia, consume glucose or simple carbohydrate (e.g. candies, soft drinks, sugar, honey), once your blood glucose returns to normal, eat a snack or a meal.
How to use:
As per as direction of doctor.
All Active Ingredients:
• Must be taken shortly before dining or during a meal.
• When meals are taken at irregular hours or skipped altogether, treatment with glimepiride lead to hypoglycemia.
• Contraindicated in patients with diabetes mellitus type 1.
• Contraindicated in patients with severe renal impairment.
• Beta blockers: may enhance the hypoglycemic effect of sulfonylureas .
• Cimetidine: may increase the concentration of glimepiride .
• Fluconazole: may increase the serum concentration of glimepiride .
How To Storage :