Canesten 1 % 20 gm - Cream
Clotrimazole exerts its action primarily by damaging the permeability barrier in the fungal cytoplasmic membrane.
Clotrimazole thereby inhibits the biosynthesis of ergosterol in a concentration-dependent manner by inhibiting the demethylation of 14 alpha lanosterol.
• Ringworm, athlete's foot, fungal nappy rash, and fungal sweat rash. It is also used to relieve
• Irritation of the vulva (external thrush) or the end of the penis, which may be associated with thrush.
• All dermatomycoses due to moulds and other fungi (e.g. Trichophyton species).
• All dermatomycoses due to yeasts (candida species).
• Skin diseases showing secondary infection with these fungi.
• Candida nappy rash, vulvitis, and balanitis.
• Irritation or peeling of skin
• Sensitive to Clotrimazole or any other contents.
How to use:
The cream should be applied thinly 2-3 times daily and rubbed in gentle use for only 7-14 days.
How to store:
keep at room temperature.