Celebrex 200 mg 30 capsules
A selective cox-2 inhibitor [NSAID] that has no effect on platelet function either inhibits gastric prostaglandin synthesis. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-rheumatoid effects.
• Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
• Ankylosing spondylitis.
• Relief of chronic musculoskeletal pain.
• Relief of acute pain.
• Acute gouty arthritis.
Points of interest:
• Do not take aspirin for pain relief while using this medication.
• Do not take this medication if you are dehydrated, due to severe vomiting or diarrhea.
• Stop this medication and tell your doctor immediately if you develop swollen ankles, difficulty in breathing, chest pain, black stools, or dark vomit.
How to use:
1 tablet daily after meal.
• GI ulceration or bleeding.
• Upper gastrointestinal complications are mostly at risk of developing GIT complications with NSAIDs.
• Significant risk factors for cardiovascular events.
• History of cardiac failure, left ventricular dysfunction, or hypertension, and with patients with preexisting edema from any reason.
• Concomitant administration of celecoxib with acetylsalicylic acid, there is an increased risk of GI adverse effects.
• Maintain Medically appropriate supervision in elderly patients with compromised renal or hepatic function.
• May mask fever and other signs of inflammation and may cause renal toxicity.
• Contraindicated in patients with active peptic ulceration/ GI bleeding.
• Contraindicated in patients with active sulfonamide sensitivity.
• Contraindicated in patients with severe hepatic dysfunction.
• Contraindicated in patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
• Contraindicated in patients with renal impairment.
• Contraindicated in patients with congestive heart failure.
• Contraindicated in patients with ischemic heart disease.
• Digoxin: Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Agents may increase the serum concentration of Digoxin.
• Loop Diuretics: Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Agents may diminish the diuretic effect of Loop Diuretics. Loop Diuretics may enhance the nephrotoxic effect of Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Agents.
• Rifampicin: plasma concentration of celecoxib reduced by rifampicin.
• Coumarins: enhanced anticoagulant effect of coumarins.
How To Store: