Marvelon - 21 Tablets
This low-dose contraceptive contains two types of female sex hormones, estrogen, and progestogen. These hormones prevent an egg from being released from your ovaries so you can’t get pregnant.
Marvelon also makes the fluid (mucus) in your cervix thicker which makes it more difficult for sperm to enter the womb.
• Oral contraceptive, birth control pills
• It is one of the most reliable reversible methods of contraception if used correctly
• It usually makes your periods regular, lighter and less painful
• It may help with premenstrual symptoms
Desogestrel, Ethinyl estradiol.
• Nausea, vomiting.
• Acne, darkening of facial skin.
• Weight gain.
• If you have (or have ever had) a blood clot in a blood vessel of your legs, your lungs (pulmonary embolism, PE), or other organs.
• If you need an operation or if you are off your feet for a long time.
• If you have ever had a heart attack or stroke.
• If you have (or have ever had) angina pectoris or transient ischaemic attack.
• If you have any of the following diseases that may increase your risk of a clot in the arteries.
• If you have severe diabetes with blood vessel damage.
• If you have very high blood pressure,
• If you have (or have ever had) a type of migraine called ‘migraine with aura’.
• Antibiotics may reduce the efficacy of oral contraceptives and patients should be warned accordingly.
How To Use:
• Marvelon is a 21-day pill – you take one each day for 21 days, followed by 7 days when you take no pills.
Stores at room temperature.