Novorapid Flexpen 100 U/Ml - 3ml -5 injection
NovoRapid is a modern insulin with a rapid–acting effect. Modern insulin products are improved versions of human insulin.
NovoRapid is a solution for injection available in pre-filled pens (FlexPen).
NovoRapid is used to reduce the high blood sugar level in adults, adolescents and children aged 1 year and above with diabetes mellitus (diabetes).
Diabetes is a disease where your body does not produce enough insulin to control the level of your blood sugar. NovoRapid is a replacement insulin that is very similar to the insulin made by the body but is absorbed faster by the body. The replacement insulin works in the same way as naturally produced insulin and helps glucose enter cells from the blood. By controlling the level of blood glucose, the symptoms and complications of diabetes are reduced.
• Diabetes mellitus.
Points of interest:
• It is given by injection under the skin in the abdominal (belly) wall, the thigh, the upper arm, the shoulder or the buttock.
• NovoRapid is usually given immediately before a meal, although it may be given after a meal if necessary.
• Be aware of the signs of hypoglycemia (sweating, confusion, rapid heartbeat, blurred vision, shakiness, anxiety, headache, dizziness, weakness).
• Rotate injection sites to prevent damage to the tissue under the skin.
• If you experience hypoglycemia, consume glucose or simple carbohydrate (e.g. candies, soft drinks, sugar, honey), once your blood glucose returns to normal, eat a snack or a meal.
• Insulin is usually injected under the skin; pinch the skin to reduce the chance of injecting a blood vessel.
How to use:
As per as direction of doctor.
All Active Ingredients:
• Low blood sugar (hypoglycaemia).
• Disturbed vision.
• Swollen joints.
• Adjustment of dose may be necessary if patients undertake increased physical activity or change their usual meal plan.
• Take care if you have trouble with your kidneys or liver, or with your adrenal, pituitary or thyroid glands.
• Beta blockers: signs of hypoglycemia can be masked when beta blockers given with insulin.
• ACEI: the effect of insulin can be enhanced by ACEI.
How To Storage :