Optiflox 5ML - Eye Drops
Ofloxacin is a quinolone antimicrobial agent.
Ofloxacin and fluoroquinolone antimicrobials involves inhibition of bacterial topoisomerase IV and DNA gyrase (both of which are type II topoisomerases), enzymes required for DNA replication, transcription, repair and recombination.
Topical treatment of external ocular infections.
How to store:
keep at room temperature.
Points of interest:
• If you are using another kind of eye medication (e.g., drops or ointments), wait at least 5 minutes before applying other medications.
• Use eye drops before eye ointments to allow the eye drops to enter the eye.
• Do not wear contact lenses while you are using this medicine. Sterilize contact lenses according to manufacturer's directions and check with your doctor before using them.
Ofloxacin , , , ,
• Temporary blurred vision
• Eye discomfort
• Feeling as if something is in your eye
• Sensitivity to light may occur
• Hypersensitivity to active ingredient or other contents.
• This drug may cause temporary blurred or unstable vision after you apply it.
• Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.
• This medication should be used only when clearly needed during pregnancy. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
It is not known if the medication in this product passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
How to use:
One to two drops in the affected eye(s) every two to four hours for the first two days and then four times daily.
The length of treatment should not exceed ten days.