Ponstan Forte 500mg 20 Tablets
Mefenamic acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent with analgesic properties and a demonstrable antipyretic effect.
It has been shown to inhibit prostaglandin activity.
It can help to relieve:
• Symptoms of inflammation, such as redness and swelling.
• Pain and discomfort caused by arthritis, muscular or rheumatic disorders.
• Headache, muscle ache, or toothache.
• Pain after operations, trauma.
• Childbirth pain
• Painful or heavy periods.
Points of interest:
• To reduce stomach upset, take this tablet with food.
• Do not take aspirin for pain relief while using this medication.
• Do not take this medication if you are dehydrated, due to severe vomiting or diarrhea.
• Stop this medication and tell your doctor immediately if you develop swollen ankles, difficulty in breathing, chest pain, black stools or dark vomit.
How to use:
The recommended dose is 1 tablet three times a day.
•Elderly patients (over 65 years):
Elderly patients are at a higher risk of side effects and should take the lowest effective dose for the
shortest possible time, with additional monitoring, carried out by their doctor.
• Passing blood in your stools (faeces/motions).
• Passing black tarry stools.
• Vomiting any blood or dark particles that look like coffee grounds.
Do not take Ponstan Forte:
•If you are allergic to mefenamic acid, to any other anti-inflammatory medicines.
•STOP taking the tablets and seek medical help immediately if you have any allergic reactions.
• Medicines that can increase the chance of getting ulcers or a bleed in the stomach or gut.
•Aspirin including low doses of aspirin used to prevent your blood from clotting in certain heart
How to store:
Keep at room temperature