Fusix 40 mg 20 Tablets
loop diuretic that acts by inhibiting effects on electrolyte reabsorption in the ascending loop of Henlé and distal renal tubule. It increases the water excretion by increasing the Na, Cl, and K ions excretion.
• Resistant hypertension.
• Chronic heart failure [water retention].
• Acute pulmonary edema.
Points of interest:
• This medication may cause dizziness, get up from a lying or sitting position gradually to avoid dizziness on standing.
• Monitoring of serum sodium, potassium, and creatinine is recommended.
How to use:
As per as direction of the doctor.
All Active Ingredients:
• Electrolyte disturbances.
• Orthostatic hypotension.
• Hypovolemia and hypotension should be corrected before initiation of treatment.
• Electrolytes should be monitored. (Sodium, potassium and creatinine)
• Contraindicated in patients with renal failure.
• Contraindicated in patients with dehydration.
• Contraindicated in patients with hypokalemia.
• Aminoglycosides, polymyxins, or vancomycin: the concomitant use with either of these antibiotics is associated with an increased risk of ototoxicity.
• Digoxin: increased risk of digoxin toxicity may occur due to hypokalemia caused by furosemide.
• Sotalol: increased risk of ventricular arrhythmia when given with furosemide due to hypokalemia.
How To Store: